Graduate Writing Groups
The best writers know that writing is a social activity. By facilitating writing groups, the UWC creates communities of academic writers who provide accountability, encouragement and feedback to each other.
Spring Groups are Now Full!
The UWC’s next 7-week series of Graduate Writing Groups will meet from March 20 through May 5. Click on the links below for more information.
Registration for this series of groups is now closed, and all groups and waiting lists are full. If you have joined the waiting list for one of our groups, you will automatically receive email notification from Eventbrite if a cancellation opens up a spot for you.
If you weren’t able to join a group, don’t worry! The UWC offers several other forms of free writing support for all UT graduate students.
- Check out our instructional workshops, work with other writers at a Saturday retreat, or schedule a consultation for one-on-one writing support. Consultants can help with any project at any stage–even if you haven’t started writing yet or aren’t sure what concerns to focus on.
- If you’re interested in starting your own group, the UWC’s Graduate Writing Coordinators can provide resources and help you get started! Email email@example.com to discuss how we can help.
- The Graduate Student Writing Group, an independent student organization, hosts weekly drop-in sessions and can help you connect with other writers. To learn more, visit www.graduatestudentwriting.com.
- Unless otherwise noted, groups meet weekly in the UWC (PCL 2.330) for one hour.
- Groups meet for seven weeks: March 20 through May 5.
- Since the purpose of a writing group is to provide consistent support and accountability, we ask that writers commit to attending weekly meetings for the full seven weeks. If you need to miss a meeting, please email your fellow group members in advance. Writers who repeatedly arrive over 10 minutes late, or who miss more than 2 meetings, will be asked to leave the group.